Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 2-tank scuba diving tour from Slip 18 in Kawaihae
- Enjoy two dives off the coast of the Big Island
- Spend up to 90 minutes underwater exploring the various Hawaiian marine life, such as lionfish, eel, coral, lobster and puffer fish
- Certified Instructors or Dive Masters will be with you, providing diving tips and telling you what you can expect to see
- More than 30% of what you'll see underwater is unique to Hawaii!
- Small-group experience is limited to 10 divers, allowing for more guide interaction
Departure & Return
Departure PointMeet your Dive Crew at the Ocean Sports Whale Center in Kawaihae 61-3657 Akoni Pule Hwy, Kawaihae, HI 96743
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you hook up your tank and prepare for the dive, the captain will steer the boat in the direction of the site with the best conditions for diving. In winter, keep an eye out for humpback whales while you enjoy the cruise to the dive site, and there’s even the chance your entire dive could take place to the soundtrack of whale song.
On this Big Island two-tank scuba dive tour, possible dive sites include:
Lava Tube Diving. Lava tubes and arches
Diving with White Tip Reef Sharks in Hawaii. Arches, tubes, white tip reef sharks
Whales in the winter with Waikoloa Coast Divers. Coral, gradual drop off, winter whales
Manta Ray Cleaning Station on the Big Island of Hawaii. Manta cleaning station, eagle rays and golf balls.
Mauna Lani Fingers:
Reef Lava-flow coral formations, lots of coral, fish and turtles
Turtle Cleaning Station on the Big Island of Hawaii. Turtle cleaning station, arches, lava tubes, white tip reef sharks
Fish and Reef on the Big Island of Hawaii. Cavern, coral, turtles and walls.
Puako Point, Puako 3, Puako 4:
Diving Through Arches. Coral, arches, garden eels, and turtles.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A medical questionnaire will be administered to ensure that all participants are in good health, i.e. no asthma, ear infections, fear of closed spaces, etc.
- Guests without a medical note who answer yes to any questions will NOT be allowed to participate
- OPERATED BY Ocean Sports
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.